3 homemade energy bars with oatmeal and nuts
Now that we are at the beginning of the school year, they can be a great option for children to have a mid-morning snack with healthy ingredients. When you read how easy it is to make them, you will surely be encouraged to try them. They do not need an oven and they are done in about five minutes, in addition, they provide vitamins, minerals and a lot of energy ! They are perfect to take to school, on a trip, to work or to eat anywhere! Practical, tasty and nutritious, energy bars have everything you need to become your mid-morning meal.
Believe it or not, preparing cereal bars at home is easier than you think. We tell you how to make them with blueberries, honey and chocolate chips , with a base of chocolate, raisins and nuts and energy bars with coconut, nuts, chocolate and honey . Shall we discover these recipes step by step?
Energy bars with oats, nuts and coconut
They are very simple to prepare and also take little time. The recipe that we propose is delicious, with oatmeal , coconut, chocolate, nuts… do you have an idea? you have to try them!
A little tip, heat the honey, brown sugar, butter and vanilla over very low heat, stirring occasionally. It doesn’t have to boil.
The nuggets you add to the mixture will melt, no problem, that’s what we’re looking for. Later, when we decorate the bars, we will add half-melted nuggets on top so that they can be appreciated more. With the ingredients indicated in the recipe, five large energy bars will come out, you can cut ten if you prefer them a little smaller.
Wrap them in baking paper and keep them in the fridge, it’s still summer and hot, so they won’t be as crispy.
energy cereal bars
- 200 g oat flakes
- 80g walnuts
- 40 g coconut
- 40g chocolate chips
- 100g honey
- 20 g margarine
- 50g brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 pinch of salt
- 100g chocolate chips
How to make energy bars
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC heat up and down. We incorporate in an oven-safe dish lined with baking paper, oat flakes and chopped nuts. We bake 15 minutes.
- Heat honey, brown sugar, margarine and vanilla in a saucepan over low heat, stirring occasionally. It doesn’t have to boil.
- Once the time has elapsed, remove the oat flakes and nuts from the oven and pour into a bowl. We add the mixture that we were heating and mix everything very well. Add the coconut and chocolate chips and mix.
- Pour the mixture back into the pan, press well to make it as compact as possible and bake at 150ºC for 35-40 minutes. The time is approximate, we will be aware of our energy bars.
- Once the time has elapsed, remove the pan from the oven and let the bars rest in the pan for 5 minutes, once they are out of the oven.
- After five minutes, let the bars cool on a wire rack. When they are almost cold, we cut the portions that we want. It doesn’t have to be hot, otherwise the bars will break.
- We take a saucepan with water to the fire and over it a bowl, and when the water starts to boil, pour chocolate chips into the bowl, let it melt slightly (the chocolate does not have to be completely melted, but the chips almost whole).
- Decorate each bar with chocolate chips.
Cereal, chocolate and dried fruit bars
You already know that cereals have a great energy content , but unlike other sugars, they break down slowly, in addition to having numerous vitamins and fiber , which makes them essential for a balanced diet. Not in vain, cereals are the base of the food pyramid , and they are much better as we are going to use them today, in whole flakes, than in the form of refined flour.
In addition to cereals , these bars include among their ingredients fruits and nuts , as well as honey and a thin layer of chocolate . Its elaboration is very simple and the result is so good that I am sure that, if you try them, you will repeat. Cheer up and tell us!
- 90g butter or margarine, diced
- 90 g of honey
- 100g brown sugar
- 225 g oat flakes
- 60g chopped walnuts
- 60 g of raisins
- 3 tbsp. of peeled pips (sunflower, pumpkin…)
- 2 tbsp. sesame
- 2 tbsp. grated coconut
- a bit of cinnamon
- a pinch of salt
- Chocolate to melt
Preparation of cereal energy bars:
- In a pot, put the butter, honey and sugar and bring to a boil, over low heat, stirring constantly, until the sugar dissolves. Remove from the heat and add the oat flakes, walnuts, raisins, sunflower seeds, sesame, grated coconut, cinnamon and salt.
- Cover a baking dish with parchment paper and pour the preparation obtained.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes at 190ºC, until golden brown.
- Let cool and cut into bars.
- Finally, we melt chocolate in the microwave or in a bain-marie and submerge the bars halfway. Let dry on parchment paper.
Homemade energy bars with oats, blueberries and chocolate
- 160g oat flakes
- 70 g of honey
- 1 tablespoon cane sugar
- 50g margarine or butter
- a pinch of salt
- 75g dried cranberries
- 60g dark chocolate chips
How to make energy bars with cereals and chocolate
This time we have added oatmeal, dried cranberries, and dark chocolate to our homemade energy bars , but you can add dried fruit, for example some walnuts, raisins, chopped dried apricots or add other cereals such as puffed wheat, dare to try different options! ! You just have to follow our step by step so that they come out perfect.
- Put the oats together with the margarine in a bowl, you can melt it in the microwave, add the honey, salt and sugar, and work very well for several minutes until everything is very well integrated. Add the chocolate chips and blueberries.
- Mix and spread in a rectangular or square container that we line with baking paper, smooth with a spatula, mark the cuts and store in the refrigerator for a few hours, you can leave them overnight.
And we already have our energy bars with cereals and chocolate ready to recover energy when you need it!
Some tips for making homemade energy bars
- You can replace the blueberries that we have put in these energy bars with any other dehydrated fruit, puffed rice or other cereals that you like.
- If you like vanilla, do not hesitate to add a little, it gives it a great aroma and flavor.
- These energy bars last in the fridge for a couple of weeks.
- You can keep them individually wrapped in aluminum foil.
You might be interested in the followings:-
- Chicken rice recipe EASY (and very rich) – Recipes for Kids
- Fish Cake With mashed potatoes for kids at Pet Pooja.